Friday, November 28, 2008

Scotland Day three and beyond - By Lori

Our last day in Scotland we explored the Royal Mile. We spent a good part of the morning at the Edinburgh Castle. After that we met up with Rachael (a Scotland native who knows my mom and Leah from New Zealand YWAM). We had lunch with her and went over the the Scottish History museum. Since it was Thanksgiving, we treated ourselves to a gourmet fastfood dinner.

Today we woke up really early for our last travel day (Thank goodness!!!). I don't think the bags will make it up or down another flight of stairs. They are loosing wheels and zippers left and right. We were most worried about today as everyone we talk to says Barcelona is known for its pick pocketers. After two flights (We love British Airways - they feed you) we made it to Barcelona and took a Taxi to the hotel. Kathryn and I have even practiced a little bit of Espanol.

Tomorrow morning we embark on our Transatlantic cruise. We are assuming the next time we will have internet/phone access will be December 11th in Miami. More to come then!
Hasta Luego!





Washing clothes in the bathtub Thursday night.


Edinburgh Castle.


View of the Royal Mile.


Cannon.


Down to the Dungeon.


Prisoners of War.


"Let me out of here!"


Whats Scotland without Kilts and Bagpipes?!


A room in the Castle.


Castle entry way.


Front of the castle.


Museum of Scotland with Rachael.


Kathryn in space.


View of Edinburgh Castle in the back.



Trying to reorganize for the last leg of the Journey.

4 comments:

Wilfredo Arturo Villafana LiƱan said...

Nice Blog. Please visit my Blog: www.guilloncity.blogspot.com. I hope your visit and commentary. Best regards. Wilfredo

xyz said...

I have many friends in Scotland and must comment on the royal Mile in Edinburgh

I am in love with teh country that has a National Whisky Centre. Proper priorities, indeed!

Cheers

cityrambler said...

Hi Lori

I know you've now left our fair shores - but I'm sure you will be back again.

Glad you liked Edinburgh. Had you heard of walk talk tours? - the downloadable audio tours of Edinburgh, York, Manchester and London to play on your MP3 or iPod. Ideal for independent travellers like you.

Take a look at www.walktalktour.com and see what you think.

Unknown said...

Hey I am not sure if this is where I am suppose to leave a message but I hope you get it. Looks like you guys are having quite an adventure! The day you left I got a call and a stunt job in NY. Flew out Wed worked Thursday came home Friday! It was crazy. And Winnie got the movie and she films Dec 13,14,and 15th! : ) Miss you guys! -Dakota