Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kathryn's thoughts on Ireland

Well I just realized that I have been doing stuff all day and everyone in the USA just getting up.
How weird.

Anyhow here are my random thoughts of Dublin, Ireland.
1. It is not all that different from the US. I feel like I'm just in a different state rather than a totally different country.
2. The grass here is really green. No where that I've been in the US has grass a green as it is here.
3. The roads are crazy. I think they gave a child a crayon, told him to draw, then used the resulting picture to design the roads. I also think this child was obsessed with circles because every few hundred feet they have a roundabout.
4. People smoke too much. And they do it in places where they are not supposed to. I have inhaled so much second hand smoke today I might as well have smoked a cigarette myself.
5. I finally know where my family gets our super fast, slightly aggressive walk from. We always thought it was because my dad was military so we "marched" place. But now, after seeing how aggressive and furious the Irish walk, I think it's an inherited trait.

Well those are my thoughts of Dublin. We got to see quite a bit of it because we got lost in the city for several hours today. On the upside, we got to see Dublin Castle, Christ Church Cathedral and the Liffy River; as well as admire the amazing structure of the buildings. They are truly incredible. Tomorrow we see a different side of Ireland. We go see our second cousins who live in the country. Until then, I am off to catch up on some sleep.


On the bus to the Castle.


The only intact tower left of the original Dublin Castle.


The throne.


Underground wall and moat.

The front garden.


Liffy River

Christ Church Cathedral

1 comment:

The Party Puppet Lady said...

Ha! My questions are answered. I knew the grass would be green :)