Monday, November 17, 2008

Sailing! By Kathryn

Well I am completely confused. Lack of sleep plus time zone jumps don't equal sanity so I am going to try and put a coherent blog together. Here we go.

I spent Sunday and Monday in LA with Lori and Kristin visiting friends and preparing for our journey.
Monday Mr. Shultz, an amazing man, from Lori and Kristin's church, took us sailing. It was fun, despite the fact that we didn't get out of the harbor due to lack of wind. But we had fun drifting. Oh, and we saw seals.

I got to steer the sailboat (really a yacht). I was surprised he even let me dock it (it is a $500,000 boat). You can tell by the picture how crowded the dock was, so I was really hoping I wouldn't crash into all the other boats and getting myself into a couple million dollar debt at the age of 17. But it all went well, the boat didn't even get scratched.



In front of the 47 foot sailboat.


Mr. Shultz teaching Kathryn how to sail.


Lori, Dakota, and Kathryn.

Now, per Lori's orders, I will post about the first day of our trip (which will be a very short blog) on a separate post.

1 comment:

Atikah Adnan said...

I love looking at your picture. Europe is so enchanting ain't? I hope to get there soon :)