Sunday, September 21, 2008

Utila Paradise - The Complete Song!

"Utila Paradise" (To the tune of Amish Paradise or Gangstars Paradise)

As I walk to the market on the only road here, I take a look at that boy and he’s drinking a beer. But that’s just normal on this island you see. You know we pay 20 a day for electricity. At 4:30 in the morning the rooster crows. We wake up really sweaty, cause the wind doesn't blow. Fool. And I’ve been burning and scratching so long that, even Pedro thinks that my mind is gone. Soy una chica de isla and enjoying it here. My departure date is something the local boys fear. But if I finish all my homework and you get yours done, then we’ll have an island party like in 1821.

The bugs bite you day and night living in Utila Paradise. Pumped water once or twice living in Utila paradise. Don’t make us eat more rice, living in Utila paradise. The boys here are way to nice living in Utila paradise.

A local man hit me with his cart last week, I just smiled at him as he ran over my feet. I really don’t care, in fact I wish him well, I’ll just boycott his store and the things that he sells. And we don’t ever drink the water even if we are parched, we’d have internal problems that last until March. Divers never wear gloves but we got a cool mask and my buddy agrees I really look good in black. Fool. Decompression sickness may be one of your fears, but we haven’t used the chamber in so many years. And don’t get hurt ‘cause you won’t get help soon, the doc’s only in from ten til noon.

There’s no Chick-fil-a, no Wendy’s, Starbucks, or Mcydees. We’re stuck without fast food here, living on a thousand calories.

We’ve lost power more than twice, livin in utila paradise. Internet would sure be nice, livin in utila paradise. Waters out, I have soap in my eyes, living in utila paradise. But you’d probably think it bites, livin in Utila paradise.

Purify some water; buy some peanut butter; make a jelly sandwich; soon I’ll make another; think your really sweaty? Think your really hot; well I know I a million times as sweaty as thou art.

Fuimos a la cuevas y vamos a la playa; donde esta elado tender en pasada. And don’t complain or don’t be whiney or else my mama gonna sic a barracuda on your hiney.

Thunder shakes your house at night, livin in Utila paradise. Buy food at an inflated price living in Utila Paradise. Have no rules or traffic lights, living in Utila paradise. But we all think its nice, living in utila paradise.


...stay tune for the "music video" coming in October!

WHAT LEGS LOOK LIKE LIVING IN UTILA PARADISE!

Amanda's legs.


Kathryn's Heal.


Lori's legs.


Leah's legs.


Andrea's legs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was fantastic!!!. I have never laughed so hard!!!! Girl or girls, you have got talent. Who wrote it?

Dad